With everybody talking about the social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, I thought this was the right time to talk on one popular social networking website, particularly the music-centric ones. This social website that I am going to focus on is SoundCloud, digital music distribution network that allows you share the music with the whole world. Like any kind of system, they will work for your benefit with deduction & strategy. But before we go ahead, let us talk about how the systems work and use of SoundCloud bot.
- Unique URLs made with each upload that will be shared easily on Facebook & Twitter.
- SoundCloud is the popular music distribution network online, attracting more than 175 million unique listeners. SoundCloud’s popular features include:
- Groups that are made by the registered users that offer the common space for sharing the uploads. They are organized by the subject matter, geography or genre.
- The massive fan base of over 40 million users. Thus, SoundCloud claims over half its songs are uploaded and played within first 30 min, and 90% of uploaded tracks get the listen from one user.
- The dashboard that offers detailed analytic info about the listeners.
- Facebook-esque experience offers direct messaging, followers and friends system, timeline post system, and more.
SoundCloud Likes Arbitrary Restrictions
SoundCloud is not without any kind of flaws. For a person, SoundCloud is quite restrictive with what user will do & how often. The rules are just like other websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter sites that limit the user’s actions from necessity or common sense. But, what sets the SoundCloud apart is a fact that they do not publish such rules (limits daily, maximum amounts of the followers, and more.). What is more, an only way you will learn about the limits is by breaking it that isn’t the action without consequence.
For instance, let us say you find the group on Facebook, which has the users with which you want to connect or interact. In many cases, you would just add them in your friends list, whether it is 50, 500, and more. Facebook will not have any kind of problems with that, providing you did not add everybody at once (although you can get close). Alternatively, SoundCloud is not very friendly & limits this “follow” activity to 40 actions daily, just like websites LinkedIn. However, when you exceed the SoundCloud’s limit, you will be banned from following any people for a long time (in the increments of days). On the top of this, suppose you break the unpublished rules, SoundCloud can delete the account. It is draconian & makes growing your SC account difficult & time consuming.